February 7, 2013

A few of my favorite things this week


Here are the things, events & people that are topping my favorite's list this week!


         I saw a story about the “Hug Lady” this morning on the Today show and it warmed my heart. This sweet 81 year old woman attends every single deployment and homecoming with one purpose: to hug every soldier going to or returning from war. Elizabeth Laird, known as "The Hug Lady," by the soldiers at Fort Hood, has been greeting soldiers flying through Fort Hood’s Robert Grey Airfield since 2003. What a sweet story about an amazing woman who is a shining example of how a seemingly small act of kindness can spread and influence so many.


 

      Mom’s Day Off at Bromley Mountain in Vermont is Friday February 8th and I am SO looking forward to hitting the slopes! A $15 donation to the SouthwesternVermont Regional Cancer Center gets you an all day lift ticket. Do good & have fun! Just show a picture of your child when purchasing your ticket. Or, in my case, show your actual child! My son and I will both be playing hooky tomorrow and skiing for the day. We’ve got a big storm brewing and it should make for some great conditions!
12-14 inches is coming!
 

Love!
Mint is perfect for Spring!
      I absolutely love the new Kendra Scott Tropic Chic Collection. I have a major Kendra Scott jewelry obsession and I love the new funky earring shapes and the new warm weather colors. Loving the turquoise, coral, mint and especially cobalt blue. I’m pinning tons of Cobalt blue lately. My new favorite color for Spring/Summer 2013! If you order online, Kendra Scott is offering FREE shipping before Valentine's Day!
 






 
      I picked up a sample of the Boscia Luminizing BlackMask about a month ago from Sephora. I’ve been using it once a week for 4 weeks now and this is such a cool product! The mask offers detoxifying, purifying, and brightening results. You slather on a thick layer and let it dry and then carefully peel it off.  The mask strips away dead skin, impurities and excess oil and you can see it all on the dried mask after you peel it off! I especially love that this product is formulated without Parabens, Phthalates, GMO’s or Synthetic dyes & fragrances.  
 
 
That's all for today but I'll be back with more of my favorites next week!
Subscribe to my blog today so that you don't miss a post! And please, by all means, leave a comment and let me know what you think!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment